There are several wonderful movies out that have generated a lot of buzz. Oddly enough, most of these movies started out as a book or a series of books. Here are five (or ten) books you should definetely read (preferably before you watch the movie!). There is an adult list as well as a young adult list for the younger folks out there! In the comments box below, please share any other good book to movie suggestions you have!
1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett (In theaters now! More info here!)
2. One Day by David Nicholls (In theaters now! More info here!)
3. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin (On DVD now! Buy yours now by clicking here!)
4. Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, Reg Keeland (Translator) (Coming to theaters 12-21-11. More info here!)
5. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks (I haven’t heard about a movie yet, but I’m betting there will be one!)
Young Adult Fiction
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Movie hits theaters in 2012! More info here!)
2. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (Movie coming soon! More info here.)
3. The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan (Sequel to Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Coming in 2012! More info here!)
4. The Power of 6 by Pittacus Lore (The movie for this sequel to “I am number 4” is rumoured to be coming sometime in the next year or so.)
5. The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith (TV Series coming Fall 2011 to The CW)
There is an adult list as well as a young adult list for the younger folks out there! In the comments box below, please share any other good book to movie suggestions you have!
Happy Labor Day Weekend!